Working with other pet care professionals is very important to us. Strong relationships in our community serve all of clients more effectively. Set up an appointment to see how we can work together.
I developed Dog Knowledge to provide continuing education support to those that work with animals or those with an interest specifically focusing on animal behaviour. Dog Knowledge Seminars are available in the following format
- Via online seminars and courses via our learning portal
- Customized learning sessions brought to your work space or in ours
- Lunch and learns for veterinary staff
- Lectures as part of larger events
What is it?
- A way to ensure you have accurate, up-to-date knowledge about dog behaviour via relevant, evidence-based studies and qualified behaviour experts in the field
- Continuing education through lectures, video and Q&A
- A customized focus based on your needs
I realized quickly that many dog care professionals may not have access to continued education, and if they did, if was often rife with misinformation. I wondered how to bridge the gap between what I was teaching my clients and what their service providers may or may not know. How could I make YOUR job easier by understanding behaviour better? How could my current clients be sure their pet professionals were qualified to care for their pet and understand the basics of dog behaviour? I started consulting with pet care businesses and Dog Knowledge Certified started taking shape.
Who should take the courses?
If you currently work with dogs, or would like to work with dogs, the Dog Knowledge Certification and Lecture series is a wonderful incentive to further your education. Clients notice when those they trust with their loved ones have taken the time to further their education. Working with dogs will become easier for you once you understand evidence-based (scientifically proven) canine behaviour. The dogs will appreciate it too!
- Dog walkers
- Dog daycare staff
- Veterinary staff
- Pet sitters
- Rescue groups
- Pet owners
- Shelter staff & volunteers