The dog training industry is unregulated. This means that anyone can set up a website and set up shop without any education. It is very important to us at Bravo Dog that we update our education throughout the year, EVERY year. We feel you and your dogs deserve the most current and accurate dog training advice available, and we will provide that.
CTC, DipCBST, VSPDT
- CTC via the Academy for Dog Trainers (Harvard for Dog Trainers)
- Certified through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- Certified Behaviour Consultant and Trainer through Companion Animal Sciences Institute (CASI)
- Victoria Stilwell Licensed Positively Dog Trainer (the only one in Canada)
- Fear Free Certified Professional
- Canadian Kennel Club Canine Good Neighbour Evaluator
- Member of the Pet Professional Guild dedicated to force-free training
Renée prides herself in coaching humans and their dogs to achieve success in overcoming training challenges and behaviour issues. Her effective training programs, group classes and one-on-one coaching sessions provide accessible training to suit your schedule. Renée is recommended by veterinarians and spends a great deal of time volunteering her time at the West Vancouver SPCA, Squamish AC and Whistler WAG.
Julia Lomb, DVM (Germany), trainer
Julia’s journey of professionally working with animals began when she graduated from vet school in Munich, Germany in 2008. She then worked as a vet with the majority of her patients being dairy cows. In 2013, Julia moved to Vancouver and joined UBC’s animal welfare program as graduate student, and is now in the final stages of her PhD.
As a child, Julia did not have her own dog which resulted in her walking and being friends with every dog in the neighborhood. She still remembers when as a 10 year old she learned how to teach dogs to sit on cue with treats instead of force. Ever since, she has expanded her knowledge on reward-based training methods. In 2017 she completed Dr. Susan Friedman’s ‘Living and Learning with Animals’ course who allowed her to gain insight on how to work humanely with animals that behave in a difficult way. Julia is passionate about teaching trick behaviors to her dog Blue, as she feels that it built a special bond between the two of them and helped Blue walking through life more confidently.
- DVM, Germany
- PhD Candidate, UBC Animal Welfare
- Pet First Aid certified (Walks’n’Wags) 2018
- LLA Dr. Susan Friedman (2017)