Do you have a new puppy?
Puppies 9-16 weeks registration open for:
Sundays, 5:30 pm August 12, 19, 26, Sept 9, 16 FULL Tuesdays, 6:30 pm August 21, 28, Sept 4, 11, 18 FULL
- Thursdays, 6:30 pm, August 16, 23, 30, Sept 6, 13 (teacher: Ashley) Register Here
With so much new information about puppy and adolescent development puppy classes are now so much more than sit, down and stay. Join a class dedicated to providing the crucial information you need to raise a well-socialized and balanced puppy. Join us to learn using the most effective and modern approach to training with force-free science supported and FUN techniques.
*HUMANS ONLY FIRST CLASS*
# of students
|Session||Price||Upcoming Start Dates||Location|
|9 – 16 wks*
4 students Thurs class
classes (1st class
- Make up classes not available due to class structure. *Puppies must have 1st set of core vaccines, all prices subject to GST
- Refunds not available after classes have started, cancellations must be made within 48 hours minus a service fee of $10.
Socialization skills taught:
- house training
- bite inhibition
- play skills
- handling for vet/groomers
- undesirable behaviour challenges
- how to prevent fearful behaviour and aggression
Obedience skills for class:
- Polite Leash Walking
- Leave It/Take It
- Hand Targeting
- Preventing Jumping Up
WORKING AND NEED HELP? *New: Puppy Play & Train*
You work, we train! In-home puppy visits and training when you are at work
- relief visits with training
- critical socialization
- confidence building
- leash walking
- sit, down, stay, go to your place, drop-it, leave it, no jumping
Behaviour problems kill more dogs than puppy diseases. Find out more by reading the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB) Position Statement on Puppy Socialization: risks vs. benefits of early exposure.
Please read our Policies section before registering for any of our programs.
Our Online Puppy Essentials Course
Dr Claudia Richter discusses using medication for behavior challenges. Dr Richter is a veterinary behaviorist finishing her residency and currently practicing gives insight into how medication can help animals with behavioral challenges. www.pacificvetbehavior.com
We talk to David Shade of At Attention Dogs in Pennsylvania and discuss his journey from the US Army to force-free dog trainer & advocate. Listen to his thoughts about using evidence-based training & his approach to working with humans and their dogs.