- The Culture Clash, Jean Donaldson
- The Power of Positive Dog Training, Pat Miller
- The Other End of the Leash; Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs, Patricia McConnel
- When Pigs Fly! Training Success With Impossible Dogs, Jane Killion
- The Dog’s Mind: Understanding Your Dog’s Behavior, Bruce Fogle and Anne B. Wilson
- Inside of a Dog: What Dogs See, Smell, and Know, Alexandra Horowitz
- Train Your Dog Positively, Victoria Stilwell
- For the Love of a Dog, Patricia McConnel
Kids, Babies and Dogs
What Science & the Experts Say
AVSAB Position Statement on the Use of Punishment in Training
It seems intuitive that punishing an animal that’s behaving badly will make the bad behavior stop. Here’s why that’s not true.
Position Statement on the Use of the Dominance Concept in Training
The behavioral concept of dominance was, for a time, misinterpreted as a motivation for dog behavior. Here’s what’s wrong with that notion.
Position Statement on the Importance of Proper Socialization for Puppies
Without a proper foundation, no puppy can grow into a healthy dog. Proper socialization is just as important as good nutrition and veterinary care to your growing puppy. Here’s why.
Training & Behaviour Articles
Victoria Stiwell has become an advocate of science-based dog training. Stilwell rejects dominance-based, traditional training techniques, instead, promoting positive reinforcement techniques. You may have seen her on her television series ‘It’s Me or the Dog’
Some of the best articles regarding dog behaviour. Addressing training challenges in an easy to understand and scientifically sound manner
NOT just for pitbull owners and lovers, these articles are another excellent go-to!
Complete ‘how to’ free videos on dog training, clicker training and behavior modification by world renowned dog trainer Emily Larlham
Some great videos on dog training and behaviour change